From the CDC...
Pools should post signs alerting patrons to any diarrhea outbreaks and urging patrons with current or recent diarrhea to stay out of the water.
The CDC says swimmers also need to help by following these tips:
- If you've got diarrhea, don't get in the water until two weeks after the diarrhea ends.
- Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands after using a restroom or changing diapers.
- Shower before getting into the water.
- Report fecal contamination to pool operators.
The report appears in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
SOURCES: CDC, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, July 27, 2007; vol 56: pp 729-732. News release, CDC.